Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My Cabin At My Moms

From April 2008 - May 2009 my home was a little efficiency cabin at the back of my mom and step dad's property in Lafayette, Louisiana. I moved there (4 hours from home) because my life was in desperate need of change that just didn't seem possible around my "natural" environment. Most moves take adjusting time (especially for me), but my 3rd move to Lafayette was different. I felt instantly at home in my cabin. I loved being in my mom's back yard. I made some wonderful friends, got back with God, and did so healing. It was the best year of my life. So you can understand my dismay when I had to move again. The move has been good. Maybe it is not ideal, but it was a necessary step in part of an overall process.

I know that you are all aware of the fact that the last couple of weeks or months I have been horribly sleep deprived. I live at my dad's with my step mom and 12 year old sister that thinks she is an only child. Sometimes it can be challenging. I'm 27 and have lived on my own since 18. Wednesday I went to my mom's for a little get away. When I am there I always stay at my cabin. It is still set up just like I lived here. When I walked in I instantly felt at home. I slept soooo good there. I love this place. It has been hard for me to find "home" since my parents divorced and sold the house I lived in for 18 years. So feeling at home is a big deal to me. I know it is more psychological and emotional than anything, but it is still a big deal. I know that I had to make the move so that I could continue to grow. It is just nice to come back, remember the feeling, and be reminded that the best is yet to come.

Photobucket

No comments: