Monday, November 9, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

Wow have I been busy!!!! I have not only been to busy to blog, but today was the first day since last Wednesday that I have even had a chance to read blogs.

Thursday was a busy day working. Nothing too special to brag about. I love the chance to see all the beautiful house my stepmom works in (she is an interior designer and Thursday I help her instal custom drapes and bedding), but it is a lot of hard work.

Friday I spent the day working on flowers for my friend Jessie's wedding. I realized around 10 am that I had a big job ahead of me. Friday night my church had a worship night at a beautiful old theater. It was AMAZING!!!! For an hour and a half we worshiped the Lord. There was around 800 people there. All the proceeds went to a fabulous ministry that I love to work with The Hub. It is a ministry that reaches out to the homeless in Shreveport. (check them out http://www.thehubministry.com/)


Saturday I was up early working on finishing the flowers. They turned out great. I got a lot of complements.


Photobucket


Bride's bouquet


Photobucket


Side view of the bride's bouquet


Photobucket


Bride's maids'


Photobucket


One of the table arrangements


I really enjoyed the wedding, but it was a lot of work.


Sunday was again another busy day. I did get to enjoy a picnic, shopping, and girls night with my friends. I
also got to buy the stuff for my Operation Christmas Child shoe box. I picked a little girl age 5-9. It was fun
filling the shoe box with fun little things that I know a special little girl will love. What is even better is that in 
January I get to be a part of the group that delivers the boxes to Juarez, Mexico. I get to help hand out the 
boxes to little kids. I am really excited about that chance.


******If you don't know what Operation Christmas Child is: It is an organization by Franklin Graham (Billy Graham's son). You pack a shoe box full of toys, personal hygiene items, school supplies, and candy. Then they get delivered all over the world so that kids
everywhere can have a Christmas.




Operation Christmas Child Pictures, Images and Photos


Now it is Monday again and time to be back in the swing of things. I hope you had a great weekend.


Until the whole world hears,
Cary











No comments: