Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Countdown.....3 days

The air is filled with Christmas. Every where you look...Christmas. TV, movies, radio, and yes even my blog is all about Christmas. I have been sharing about the fun and magic of Christmas, but I do not want to discredit the true meaning of the holiday. Jesus is the reason of the season.  Luke 2: 11 says "Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord." To keep things in perspective I think it is important to do things for others during this time of year and all year long. 
These are some of the things I participated in. 


Gave food box full of holiday foods to a local family that was in need.

From Christmas

Gave blankets to the homeless mission.

From Christmas

Gave toys to local children that may not have any on Christmas morning without the donation.

From Christmas

Gave children books to an orphanage in a village in Africa where the national language is English. My church sponsors the orphanage. 

From Christmas

Gave a shoe box full of toys to Operation Christmas Child. 

From Christmas

I also have a trunk full of clothes for a homeless mission that I volunteer with. 


In January I am going on a mission trip to Mexico to pass out Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes. I am so excited. 


Are you doing any special giving this Christmas season?

1 comment:

Suburban Princess said...

We didnt come across anything specific to make a but donation to - we usually partner up with my chiro and give a needy family a christmas but the organization that does it changed things and now they want gift cards rather than gifts...we were all a bit put off by that since giving out gift cards doesnt mean they will be used to by gifts - I am sure a grocery store card could be used to by Wild Turkey too!

But through my xmas travels I did toss money into Sally Ann kettles and buy boxes of cereal and other non perishables for food drives etc.