Monday, October 11, 2010

Rejoicing In Heaven

Last night was our churches baptism and worship night. We all got together at an out door pavilion, had the Lord's supper, some great worship music, and around 40 baptisms. It was amazing. I love worship music. It is so uplifting to the soul to cry out praise to Jesus; especially with your church family. I also love our baptism. There is cheering and clapping and rejoicing with each person being raised up from the water. As I sat there last night I thought of what Jesus says about what happens in Heaven when someone accepts Jesus as their savior.  "I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent." Luke 15:7 When this verse came to mind I pictured Heaven (as best as my imagination can) and all the rejoicing that was going on. Tears of joy streamed down my face. To know how happy God was yesterday to welcome His children into the family. I am so glad that He is opening my eyes to things that make Him joyful.  


No comments: