Thursday, October 14, 2010



I was sitting in my back yard yesterday, leaves of different colors where falling as the wind was blowing, the weather felt awesome, and it dawned on me that fall is here. I love this time of year. I love the colors of fall. I love the weather and being outside.

Fall is the time of year that nature prunes itself in preparation for winter. I am in a time of life of pruning. I am in the season of fall in my life. God is getting rid of all of the dead and unnecessary parts of my life. In John 15 Jesus talks about the vines and branches. (Love this passage!!!) Verse 1 says, "I (Jesus) am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener." I love this illustration. He goes on to say in verse 2, "He (God) cuts off every branch that doesn't produce fruit, and he prunes the branches that do bear fruit so they will produce even more."

That is where I am. In the process of having things cut out and shaped up. The word cut alone implies that this is going to be a painful time. If you read my post a couple of days ago you know I am there. I am in pain, but I know it is necessary. Jesus promises that if we remain in Him he will remain in us (vrs 5). He will never leave us. He also promises that will produce much fruit and God will be delighted in this (vrs 8).  I am so glad that my hope lies in Him!!!

No comments: