Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Shutter Island

With all the adjusting I have been doing over the past few months I have not had much time to read. So I am glad that my first book back in the mix was Shutter Island. It was AMAZING. I loved the mental health aspect of it. I loved that it was set in the 50's. (I love that time period.) It was a psychological thriller at its best. I read it in about 3 days. Under normal circumstances for me that is no big deal, but during this busy period of life that is saying a lot. 
I was so good that I finished it and ran right out and rented the movie.
And you know what?
It was great, too. It was an accurate representation of the book. 

If you like to read....READ IT!!!
If you like movies....WATCH IT!!!!




2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I loved that movie! It is one of the best I've seen in a long time. I'll have to read the book too.

Sierra said...

The movie was SOOO good, and I've heard the book is good too, by you and others! Glad it was such a great read!