Saturday, April 17, 2010

2 Years Ago Today



Today is a very special day for me. It is better than my birthday and even better than Christmas. Today is the anniversary of the begining of my life. Two years ago I walked away from a life full of sin and turned to a life with Christ. Two years ago today I got sober.

I haven't never shared this on my blog before, and today felt like a good day to share it. I spent about 5 years of my life trapped in a horrible drug addiction. I battled with being sober during most of that time. I was broken and hopeless. But two years ago today I walked away. I found God again. I found out that He was there the entire time....waiting on me to ask for help.

My life over the past 2 years has been the most amazing life ever. I have never been so happy and fulfilled. My dreams are coming true right in front of my eyes. I have gotten to know who I am, and I really like me. None of this had anything to do with me. It all had to do with God and my realationship with Jesus Christ.  To God alone be the glory.

Now that I have shared this with you I am open to share my testimony with you. Thank you for all the support you didn't even know you were giving. You have been a part of my journey all along. I want you to know that whatever you are going through you are not alone. God is the master healer and He can and will heal anything you bring to Him!!!!

*Wish the picture was me but it is from http://www.weheartit.com/

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, PRAISE THE LORD! Sooo HAPPY for you! Have a Blessed Weekend!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! That IS better than a birthday or Christmas! :) Proud of you.

allie-mac-fallie said...

thats great :) thanks for sharing!

Sonya said...

Congrats again and thanks for sharing!

Sierra said...

What a beautiful post, so glad that you were able to become sober and give your life to Jesus. So beautiful!

Missy said...

So glad you found your happiness. What an amazing post.