Monday, January 2, 2012

The Fruit


My #1 goal for 2012 is my relationship with God.
I have spent some time thinking about how I could work toward more intimacy with Him. 
I know of course spending time in His word, prayer, with His people, and quiet time with Him are great places to start, but the therapist in my needs measurable goals. 
So I went to His word for guidance. 
Jesus said in Matthew 7:16 that people would be recognized by their fruits. 
I want people to know that I am in love with my Savior. 
I want it to be obvious by the way I live my life. 
I want my fruits to be abundant and unmistakable. 
In Galatians 5:22 & 23 Paul told us that the fruits of the Spirit are:
Love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control. 
So the more I spend time with God and walk in His will the more fruits I will have. 
My prayer is that You and everyone I come in contact with will know me by my fruits. 


1 comment:

Cassie said...

One thing that is reallllllyyy helping me is I am getting REALLY involved at my church. The Lord said we are to join with the church and fellowship with other believers. Idk what church you go to, but we have a thing called Heart to Home where a group of randomly selected girls are matched up and meet at their 'heart mom's' houses and eat and have Bible study one day a month. It is really awesome. I think that that along with my new resolution to read the Bible in a year and reading His Word every day is really helping me to build my relationship with Christ. I love you! I am really proud to have friends that put so much emphasis on their relationship with God, it is so awesome.