Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Single Living

I am a 29 year old single woman. 
I have never been married. 
I have been in a few serious relationships;
one which lasted approximately 7 years. 
I have been single for the past 3 years, 
and even though they have probably been the best years of my life,
I struggle with being single. 
I am from the southern part of the country 
in the area that is known as the buckle of the Bible belt. 
It is pretty normal to married at 22.
Getting married at 25 can be considered getting married late. 
So it is a cultural thing as well as the fact that I dream of getting married.
I have been struggling a little more in recent times 
and have found myself discontented. 
I have even gone so far as to take my frustration out on God. 
I stopped talking to Him regularly.
I was just going through the motions of life. 
A couple of weeks ago something inside me woke up and said
"This is not the life you were meant to live."
I am meant to live a full and happy life. 
I meant to walk daily hand in hand with my Savior. 
Good things have been happening since my wake up moment. 
A friend of mine told me about a sermon series that is online by one of my favorite pastors. 
It is called "The New Rules of Love, Sex, and Dating" by Andy Stanley.
I watched the first part tonight, 
and it was amazing. 
So single ladies I recommend it. 

No comments: