Monday, July 11, 2011

Fighting the Rebellion



Sometimes my relationship with God reminds me of the relationship I had with my parents when I was growing up. When I was younger my parents would tell me not to do something, and I would insist on doing it any way. The situation always turned out bad. I would either be in trouble or hurt emotionally (probably a few times physically). When I was a kid I thought that my parents were strict and didn't want me to have any fun. Now I realize they were trying to protect me from hurt and pain. 

The same thing happens with God. There are situations that come up in life that I know for definite that God is telling me "NO". He tells me no because He wants the very best for me. He does not want me to be hurt. When I act outside the will of God pain is usually what I end up with. Even knowing that God only wants good for me I am still human, and my rebellious nature comes out. Thankfully when I act in rebellion God is always there waiting with His arms wide open. 

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

*Picture found on www.weheartit.com 

No comments: