Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Desires of the Heart

I find it interesting how much I get asked about my relationship status.
I am a 29 year old single woman on the verge of turning 30. 
I have not been on a date in 3 years. 
I have been asked out on a few,  but knew that I didn't need to go.
Am I crazy?
Maybe a little, but not because I am single. :)
I am single because it is the season of life I am in. 
After a series of unhealthy relationships,
 I needed time to rest and heal in the presence of God. 
Do I want to date?
ABSOLUTELY!!!
I don't want to be alone forever. 
In all actuality, there were times over the past 3 years where I begged for someone. 
But I don't just want anyone.
I want a special someone.
I want someone that God has planned for me. 
I want someone that seeks God in every area of his life. 
I want someone that loves Jesus. 
I want someone that being with him brings me closer to God.
I want someone that is so close to God that his love for me is a reflection of God's love.
I trust God. I know the person he has planned for me will amaze me. 

"Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart."
Psalm 37:4

2 comments:

Sonya said...

Praying for that special person for you! I know He's got someone amazing in mind for you!

Alyssa said...

Just found your blog through Fabulous But Evil!

This post blessed me so much!! Thank you for sharing!