Monday, July 2, 2012

Static


A few days ago, while driving,
I was trying to listen to a specific song on my iPod.
The song is by Mac Powell off of "The Story Album" called When Love Sees You.
The song is written as if Jesus is singing it.
It is a very powerful song.
For some reason I kept getting static and could only hear parts of the song.
I just wanted to hear those words of Jesus.
It made me think of all the times that I have the chance but don’t listen.
God is communicating with me daily,
But sometimes I have so much static in my life that I don’t hear Him.
I get so focused on the “static” and lose site of what is important.
It reminded me of how important it is to stop and listen.
Does static ever distract you in your life? 


***Check out the song here. 

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Love that CD! I am going to see the tour this fall. I watched online last year and I must see it live this year!