Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Impulse Control

Working with teenagers as a therapist in a hospital setting, 
I find myself dealing with the same problems just in different forms. 
One thing that is EXTREMELY common among teenagers is impulsiveness
I was just so unpleasantly reminded that I share that same struggle. 
Don't get me wrong it is WAY better than it used to be, 
but it is still there. 
If I shared with you the instances in which I was impulsive you may laugh. 
The instances are not bad. They are not going to destroy my life. 
I am not in danger. Yet I still know that these instances are me trying to control my life, 
and not giving control to God. 
I know that I am called to lay down my life daily to Him. 
These little instances of impulsiveness are examples of me not dying to self. 
I want to live a life that shines the light of Christ....
NOT the light of Cary. 

"Direct my footsteps according to your word, let no sin rule over me."
Psalm 119:133


No comments: