Monday, December 5, 2011

Teenage Sis = Amazing

I have a sister that is 14...Madison.  
She is so different than me now, 
but especially when I was 14. 
She is strong and opinionated. 
She stands up for what she believes in. 
She has a big heart, and she loves Jesus. 
She amazes me. 

I was just texting with her  when she amazed me again. 
She was telling me that she had a friend who just lost his dad. 
He is really sad and is not wanting to get out of bed to go to school. 
This boy has had some trouble in the past,
and the boy (living with other relatives) 
could be in trouble if he misses much more school. 
So her and her 14 year old (8th grade)
 friends all go to wake him up every morning. 

When I was in the 8th grade I was worried about me! 
I went to church, but don't remember being felt led to do anything for anyone else. 
My other sister Valerie (now 25) was always like this,
but we were closer in age.
And I was not aware of her (Val) changing as much. 
I am older now 
and I am very aware of how much Madison has changed.
Being able to see her change and grow is AMAZING. 
The joy that I feel from seeing her grow is amazing. 
It makes me excited to have kids of my own 
and be able to watch them grow in the Lord. 

"Start children off on the way they should go, 
and even when they are old they will not turn from it."
Proverbs 22:6

No comments: